RoCide DB20 is a fast-acting, non-oxidizing biocide based on a 20% solution of the active ingredient DBNPA (dibromo-nitrilopropionamide). RoCide DB20 has an almost immediate antimicrobial effect. Thus, this biocide is one of the most cost-effective methods for removing biological contaminants. RoCide DB20 is certified by EPA for use in reverse osmosis systems. In addition, it has excellent environmental properties, as it degrades very quickly and naturally. This property makes it the first choice for disinfection, especially in systems that are subject to high environmental requirements.
There are two options when using RoCideDB20 in reverse osmosis applications:
1. Intermittent online feed for "shock treatment":
This method makes it possible to use the biocide only when it is necessary to control fouling. The amount and frequency of dosage should be adapted to the bacterial load in the feed water. An initial dosage of 50mg/l for 1 hour per week is a typical starting point for optimization. The local regulations must be observed for drinking water applications.
2. Cleaning agent for RO membranes:
RoCide DB20 is generally used in the first cleaning stage. Depending on the degree of fouling, RoCide DB20 is used in a solution of 50-200 mg / l. The solution is circulated through the membranes for 1-3 hours. As RoCide®DB20 is a fast-acting biocide, it is best to add it four times in batches of 50 mg/l during the circulation period.
RoCide DB20 is available in 5 kg, 25 kg canisters and 227 kg drums
Information on IBC containers or tank truck deliveries is available on request.
|Appearance:||clear yellowish liquid|
|Dichte:||1.25 bis 1.3 kg/litre|
|pH:||2,0 to 5,0 (as supplied)|
RoCide DB20 offers a variety of application possibilities:
- certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use in reverse osmosis systems
- immediate antimicrobial effect against bacteria and organisms
- inactivates bacteria, fungi and algae
- compatible with TFC polyamide and cellulose acetate membranes
- degrades quickly and thus meets strict environmental requirements
- can be used in combination with other Avista cleaners.