RoQuest 3000 contains a mixture of organic coagulants and is designed for dosing upstream of multi-media and sand filters in the inlet of a RO system. This product enhances filtration performance by coagulating turbidity and colour. The best results are achieved with communal treated feed water and raw water containing particles and organic dyes in relatively low concentrations. The upper raw water limit for turbidity and colour is 2 - 10 NTU for this product.
Dose RoQuest 3000 at least 5m upstream of a filter. This ensures optimum mixing in the inlet upstream of the filter. Do not use static mixers, as the shear forces exerted by these devices may destroy the polymers contained in this solution.
RoQuest 3000 is normally used in a concentration range of 0.5 to 4 ppm. Special dosage calculations can be found in the Avista dosage instructions. A strong overdose of RoQuest 3000 may cause a deterioration in the quality of the filtered water. If you have any questions, please contact Avista Technologies for specific dosage instructions.
Before injection into the feed stream, RoQuest 3000 can be diluted in a ratio of 25: 1 with de-chlorinated water. This may increase efficacy, but is generally not necessary.
Packaging and storage:
RoQuest 3000 is available in 23 kg canister, 230 kg drum and 1100 kg IBC container.
Appearance: clear, amber-coloured liquid
Density: 1.05 +/- 0,05 kg/litre
pH: 4,0 to 6,0
RoQuest 3000 offers the following performance and application features:
- produces feed water for RO plants in multi-media and sand filtration applications
- compatible with thin film and cellulose acetate RO membranes.
- Thanks to its properties as a filter aid, the penetration of solids in filter applications is significantly delayed
- good efficacy at low dosage
- compatible with Vitec® Antiscaling 3000, 5000 and 7000
- efficacy over a wide pH range
- no minimum requirements regarding alkalinity
- a biostatic agent inhibits biological growth in the packing unit and in the storage container